Tag Line Lead – Hudsonville, MI
JOB TITLE: Tag Line Lead
REPORTS TO: Shipping & Label Manager.
Under direct supervision of the Shipping & Label Manager receives information to coordinate picks with appropriate tag/label racks to ensure that all tagging and labeling activities are done accurately, efficiently, and safely.
JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provides daily attendance and reports staff needs, tardiness, and absences to Tag Line Supervisor.
- Ensure that all staff are dressed in accordance to Sawyer Nursery’s dress code prior to start of shift to ensure the safety of the employees.
- Ensure the quality, type, and size of plant product brought to tag barn aligns exactly with what is on the pick work order prior to processing.
- Ensure that tags, labels, and handles that are disbursed from tag racks to wagons are correct and accurate.
- Once the plants are sent down conveyors tagged and labeled, ensure that excess tags and labels are placed back in the appropriate bin locations.
- Communicate with Pick Supervisor if product brought to Tag Barn is not what is being requested on the pick work order.
- Communicate with Tag Line Supervisor if there are any subbed items so that the appropriate tags and labels can be applied.
- Ensure that work areas and equipment are tidy, neat, and functioning properly at all times throughout the day. If there are equipment/maintenance issues, report to Shipping Manager immediately.
- Ensure that work area is cleaned daily and that equipment is up off the ground to maintain proper working condition.
- Perform any other job duties asked of you in order to meet company goals and objectives.
- Ability to stand and work required amount of hours in a wide range of environments.
- Ability to lift up to 20lbs.
- Ability to communicate effectively and efficiently with appropriate staff members.
- Ability to organize work materials and manage employees and evaluate their performance periodically.
- Ability to problem solve and react to rapidly changing production demands.
- Provide insight and ideas in staff meetings so that proper changes to policy/procedure can be kept up to date.
To submit resume click here.